Here it is. An opportunity for a career. At a place where you feel challenged, empowered, innovative and encouraged to showcase your talent and knowledge. A company where you can make decisions that will have impact. A boss that relies on you to help us grow and compensates you based on that growth. If you can see yourself here, Jackson’s International has an opportunity for you.
Here is what we are looking for. A leader. A take-charge person. Someone who can see the big picture, but cares about the small details. A listener. A problem solver. Someone who is organized and can help other people become more like you. Someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, but knows how to deal with downtime. If this is describing you, we should talk.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be entrenched from the beginning in the exciting world of international art and antique auctions. Don’t know anything about art and antiques? That’s okay, you don’t have to. What you do need to know is how to clearly communicate with our international clientele as well as our office staff. You will need to be able to perform a variety of tasks and to be able to delegate the work flow to those around you. Your role in the company will be critical.
Our ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Public Relations or similar fields. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- 2-4 years of supervisory/sales experience
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office
- A willingness to be flexible with their schedule (including occasional weekend and evening work) during peak production and auction times
- Strong leadership skills with proven track record
- Provide support within in our Client Services department and to the President, liaise with clients, serve as gatekeeper and advocate
- Provide daily office administration support
- Assist with various projects as dictated by changing business demands
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to handle peaks and lulls in the workload without losing focus and constantly striving to add value
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritizing workload around the peaks
- Ability to take initiative – assertive and confident
- Ability to anticipate problems and act accordingly
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and exhibit initiative, problem solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to work cohesively with a core team
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills, including professional letter writing, proposal drafting, and email correspondence
- Strong oral communication skills, additional languages a plus
- Ability to complete tasks, whether routine or urgent, successfully and in a timely manner
- Willing to make yourself available to the team to assist with overflow, special projects and day-to-day tasks
Here is your chance to work with a company with an international presence right here in the Cedar Valley. It’s your chance to use your skills and make a difference within a company and be compensated for your talent. We’ve got the opportunity for you, now tell us why you are the person for us!